Cal Water is committed to maintaining the beauty of the Palos Verdes Peninsula and ensuring any temporary inconveniences will be minimized. Cal Water is working closely with the City of Rolling Hills Estates and other public officials and agencies to reduce traffic, environmental, and cultural impacts. Here are just a few of the steps Cal Water will be taking to keep life running smoothly for Peninsula residents:
- Cal Water is organizing a series of meetings with residents, businesses, schools, and other stakeholders in areas that will be impacted by construction.
- Working with the City of Rolling Hills Estates and customers along the pipeline route, Cal Water will divide the project into stages and schedule construction at optimal times to reduce any inconveniences.
- Any temporary traffic impacts or trail closures will be indicated by clearly marked signs and timed to minimize traffic effects for drivers and trail users. You can sign up here for project updates and for text alerts to get real-time updates.
- Cal Water will use construction techniques to minimize impact to trees and surrounding natural areas.
- Cal Water will email regular project updates to those wanting to stay informed. Those who want to can sign up here to receive project updates and text alerts.