Cal Water is committed to maintaining the beauty of the Palos Verdes Peninsula and ensuring any temporary inconveniences will be minimized. That is why we are working closely with the City of Rolling Hills Estates and other public officials and agencies to reduce traffic, environmental, and cultural impacts for all communities.
Here are just a few of the steps we are taking to keep life running smoothly for Peninsula residents:
- We established a Neighborhood Outreach Committee to meet on a quarterly basis and provide input on project updates and progress, as well as work with Cal Water to share information with Palos Verdes Peninsula community members.
- We worked closely with the City of Rolling Hills Estates to divide the project into stages and schedule construction at optimal times to reduce inconveniences.
- We are using construction techniques that will minimize impacts to trees and surrounding natural areas.
- Temporary traffic impacts and trail closures are indicated by clearly marked signs and timed to minimize traffic impacts for drivers and trail users. You can sign up here for text and email alerts to receive real-time project updates.
- In addition to sharing updates via text and email, we are working with the three major community-based traffic and navigation applications – Google Maps, Apple Maps, and Waze – to provide real-time construction and detour information. Each application is available for download on smart devices through Google Play and the App Store.