May 17, 2019
REMINDER: For your safety and that of crews, please refrain from moving any traffic cones in construction areas. Please also obey all posted road/trail closure signage and traffic control personnel while navigating work zones. Thank you!
- Pipeline installation is underway along the Palomino Rancho Bridle Trail, moving east toward the Rolling Hills Little League ballfield. Work is taking place from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. The trail remains closed to the public during this work and we encourage riders to avoid the area due to construction-related noise that could startle a horse.
- Finishing work, including the cleaning and grouting of new pipeline, is ongoing from Dapplegray Elementary School’s parking lot to the Little League ballfield from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. As construction continues, a reminder that the Dapplegray Elementary School access road will remain closed to the public from Monday to Friday until 3:30 p.m.
- Crews are continuing work in the South Coast Botanic Garden property and Botanic Garden Trail, between Crenshaw Boulevard and Rolling Hills Road. This work is taking place from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. The Botanic Garden trail, from Blossom’s Trail to Rolling Hills Road, will remain closed during work for the safety of equestrians and crews.
- Work is ongoing at the new pump station site on Crenshaw Boulevard, north of Silver Spur Road. Construction will continue from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Traffic control will be in place on Crenshaw Boulevard during work hours and at least one lane of traffic will be open in each direction at all times.
- Starting as early as Monday, May 20, crews will install new 24” and 30” drinking water pipelines on Rolling Hills Road between Rolling Hills Road (private road) and Lariat Lane. This work will take place from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and is expected to last approximately one month. Traffic control will be in place during work hours and there will be alternating one-way traffic with flaggers at both ends of the work area. We encourage you to avoid using Rolling Hills Road while this work is taking place to avoid longer-than-usual delays.
- Pipeline installation is expected to begin on Crenshaw Boulevard this summer. Work will take place between Crest Road and Chadwick Lane from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and from Chadwick Lane to the South Coast Botanic Garden property from Monday to Friday, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Please expect delays and plan to use alternate streets, where possible.
For the latest construction information, please refer to our Map & Timeline page. Please note that all construction dates outlined in the timeline are estimates, rather than exact deadlines, and the length of work may change based on a number of factors, such as inclement weather and unknowable field circumstances.