More than 32,750 feet of new drinking water pipeline have been installed to date, which will help ensure all Peninsula residents continue to have safe, reliable water service for everyday and emergency needs.
Here’s an overview of ongoing project work –
- Daytime construction continues on Crenshaw Boulevard between Silver Spur Road and south of Chadwick Lane. Crews are now in the second phase of 24/7 traffic control, which includes construction delineators and dual yellow striping along the southbound lanes of Crenshaw Boulevard, with one lane open in each direction at all times. Traffic control will remain in place until approximately early March and work will continue from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., with periodic Saturday work. For graphics depicting the second phase of traffic control on Crenshaw Boulevard, please visit our Crenshaw Construction Traffic & Info page here. Please expect delays and use alternate routes, where possible.
Nightwork continues on Crenshaw Boulevard, beginning at the Rolling Hills United Methodist Church and continuing down to south of Chadwick Lane, including the intersection of Crenshaw Boulevard and Palos Verdes Drive North. Work is taking place from Monday to Saturday, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., and is expected to continue until approximately March. During work hours, there will always be at least one lane of traffic open in each direction.
- The construction laydown yard adjacent to the Landfill Loop Trail is in use during nighttime work hours (Monday to Saturday, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.) to facilitate ongoing construction in the intersection and to remove excess dirt from the laydown yard.
- Work is ongoing at the new pump station site on Crenshaw Boulevard, north of Silver Spur Road. Crews are working from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. 24/7 traffic control is in place, with one lane of northbound and southbound traffic open at all times.
South Coast Botanic Garden & Bridle Trails
- Construction continues in the South Coast Botanic Garden Property, between Crenshaw Boulevard and the end of Lariat Lane. Crews are welding and grouting joints for the installed pipeline from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Pipeline installation is complete in the Botanic Garden Trail, between the end of Lariat Lane and Rolling Hills Road. Crews are currently conducting finishing work from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. For the safety of residents and crews, the Botanic Garden Trail, from the end of Lariat Lane to Rolling Hills Road, will remain closed until work is complete.
- Crews are completing finishing work along the Palomino Ranchos Bridle Trail. There is a temporary, partial closure of the trail between Rolling Hills Road and the Rolling Hills Little League ballfield until approximately mid-February. Work is taking place from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Please note, once the trail is reopened, a small crew will conduct minor finishing work along the trail periodically through the end of April. Work will take place from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., during which the trail will remain open.
For more information, please visit the Map & Timeline page on our website and follow us on Facebook for ongoing updates. As a reminder, all construction timing is estimated and could change based on several factors, including unforeseeable field circumstances.
We appreciate your continued patience as we work to bring this much-needed upgrade to the Peninsula.