With all major tie-ins now complete, you will start to see a decrease in major construction and traffic control as crews complete finishing work and restoration along the drinking water pipeline route. Residents will also see periodic paving take place along the pipeline route for portions of work impacted by construction. The end of the project is in sight and we want to reiterate our appreciation for your patience as we wind down project work.
Here’s an overview of ongoing and upcoming project work:
Overall Project Timing
- As an update to our last monthly notification, we now expect to begin the 30-day acceptance period in early August, during which the new water pipeline and pump station will be fully operational.
- We still anticipate that all activities for the new water pipeline and pump station will be complete by the end of the summer.
- Smaller, periodic closures along Crenshaw Boulevard, between Crest Road and the Rolling Hills United Methodist Church, continue as crews conduct finishing work for the new drinking water pipeline. We expect all remaining steel plates to be removed before the 30-day acceptance period begins.
- Crews continue to make progress at the new pump station site on Crenshaw Boulevard, north of Silver Spur Road. In fact, the new pump station site is 90% complete! Work is ongoing from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., with some intermittent Saturday work.
South Coast Botanic Garden and Rolling Hills United Methodist Church
- Finishing work, such as landscape and irrigation restoration, continues near the South Coast Botanic Garden property at the Rolling Hills United Methodist Church. These activities are taking place from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Rolling Hills Road
In late July, crews expect to conduct permanent paving on Rolling Hills Road, between Lariat Lane and Rolling Hills Road (private road) for approximately one day. During work hours, southbound traffic will be temporarily diverted to the northbound lane, but vehicles will be able to travel in each direction at all times. Flaggers will be present to facilitate traffic and assist residents accessing Lariat Lane and Rolling Hills Road (private road).
Hitching Post Drive and Montecillo Drive
Today, July 16, for approximately one day, crews will base pave portions of Hitching Post Drive and Montecillo Drive that have been impacted by construction in preparation for permanent paving. Crews expect to conduct permanent paving on both Hitching Post Drive and Montecillo Drive as early as next Monday, July 20, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., for approximately one day. Traffic control will continue as normal and vehicles will still be able to travel in each direction at all times. With tie-ins now complete, crews will finish remaining work, including paving, striping, and restoration activities, to restore the surrounding areas. Work will take place from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., and is expected to be completed in the next few weeks.
If you’re interested in a 360-degree look at some of the work areas where crews conducted major activities, including a new pipeline tie-in/connection, trail restoration, surge tank installation, and construction of the new pump station, please visit the new Virtual Tour of Project Construction page on our website.
As a reminder, all timing is estimated and could change based on several factors, such as unforeseeable field circumstances. As always, please feel free to send any questions to the project email at PVPWaterProject@CalWater.com.
Thank you for your continued patience!