Starting as soon as Friday, November 15, crews will be installing pipeline in the intersection of Crenshaw Boulevard and Indian Peak Road. This work is expected to continue for approximately two weeks from Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Please expect increased traffic delays during work hours and use alternate roads, where possible.
For the safety of residents and crews, this construction will require additional traffic control during work hours, including:
- The northbound and southbound lanes of Crenshaw Boulevard will be reduced to one lane in each direction
- There will be red flashing traffic lights in the intersections of Indian Peak Road and Crestridge Road and traffic control personnel will be onsite during work hours to help facilitate vehicle flow
- Left-hand turns onto Crenshaw Boulevard from Indian Peak Road will be temporarily unavailable. However, right-hand turns from Indian Peak Road onto Crenshaw Boulevard will be possible
- Right-hand turns onto Indian Peak Road from Crenshaw Boulevard will also be temporarily unavailable
- Crestridge Road will remain accessible. The left-hand turn lane onto Crenshaw Boulevard will be reduced to one lane
- Traffic control will be removed and lights will return to normal at the end of every workday
Please see below for a graphic depicting anticipated traffic control measures for this portion of work or you can visit our Crenshaw Construction & Traffic Info page to see the image in greater detail. Please note, this is one of several stages of construction on Crenshaw Boulevard. While we expect this work to take place as outlined, all timing is an estimate and could change based on several factors, including unforeseeable field circumstances.
For more information about the project, please visit our website. As always, we greatly appreciate your patience as this work takes place.
Here’s an overview of ongoing and upcoming project work:
Crews are making progress at the new pump station site on Crenshaw Boulevard, north of Silver Spur Road. Work is taking place from Monday to Friday, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Traffic control is in place during work hours, with at least one lane of traffic open in each direction at all times.
Pipeline installation will continue on Crenshaw Boulevard this week, with two crews working near Crest Road and in the intersection of Crenshaw Boulevard and Crestridge Road, progressing north towards Palos Verdes Drive North. Work will take place from Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Please expect increased traffic delays as work continues and use alternate routes, like Hawthorne Boulevard, where possible.
As early as Tuesday, November 12, crews will begin nightwork on Crenshaw Boulevard, from north of Chadwick Lane to the South Coast Botanic Garden property, including the intersection of Crenshaw Boulevard and Palos Verdes Drive North. Construction in this area will take place from Monday to Friday, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., and is expected to last from approximately mid-November to January 2020.
For more information, please visit the Map & Timeline page on our website and follow us on Facebook for ongoing updates. As a reminder, all construction timing is estimated and could change based on several factors, including unforeseeable field circumstances. Of note, we recently made a change to the project team and are currently evaluating the sequence of construction to ensure timely completion. Project-related work is currently expected to continue until approximately mid-2020.