Starting as early as Tuesday, March 24, crews will conduct excavation on Hitching Post Drive for approximately one week. This work will help facilitate future line stops which will temporarily pause water flow in the existing pipe until the newly installed pipeline can be connected to it. Work will take place from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. All lanes will remain open at all times.
- During work hours, there will be a flagger stationed on the corner of Hitching Post Drive and Palos Verdes Drive North to help drivers travel onto/from Palos Verdes Drive North.
- After work hours, from Monday to Friday, between 4:30 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., the road will be plated and covered for safety. Residents will always have full access to Hitching Post Drive.
For additional project information, visit www.pvpwaterproject.com. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a reminder, all construction timing is estimated and may change based on several factors, including unforeseeable field circumstances.
Thank you for your continued patience and flexibility as we work to complete this much-needed project on the Peninsula.
As a result of COVID-19 and the mandate to practice social distancing, we are now seeing lighter traffic on Crenshaw Boulevard. In an effort to utilize this time to speed the completion of project construction, crews will conduct additional work on Crenshaw Boulevard while traffic is significantly reduced.
Starting as early as next Monday, March 23, at 7 a.m., crews will extend the 24/7 traffic control currently on Crenshaw Boulevard to include the portion from Chadwick Lane to Palos Verdes Drive North. 24/7 traffic control will remain in place from Monday to Saturday, for approximately one week.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Drivers will not be able to make a left-hand turn from Crenshaw Boulevard (northbound) onto Palos Verdes Drive North (westbound). Vehicles that need to turn left onto Palos Verdes Drive North (westbound) can do so by making a U-turn via the left turn lane pocket near the Rolling Hills United Methodist Church.
- If you are accessing the Palos Verdes Family & Immediate Medical Center from Crenshaw Boulevard (southbound), a flagger will be stationed at the left turn lane pocket, near Chadwick Lane, to help vehicles make the left turn into the facility driveway.
- All signal lights will remain on their normal, timed cycles.
Please expect delays while work takes place and use alternate routes, where possible. When driving in construction zones, please remember to slow down and obey all traffic control personnel and signage for the safety of residents and crews.
For additional project information, visit www.pvpwaterproject.com. Please note that this timing and duration is an estimate and may change based on several factors such as weather conditions or unforeseeable field circumstances.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. Thank you for your patience as work continues.