As a reminder, project construction continues during safer-at-home orders as our essential workers provide the critical infrastructure needed to preserve public health and safety.
Now that all seven miles of pipeline have been installed, crews will pave Crenshaw Boulevard, from the Rolling Hills United Methodist Church to Chadwick Lane, including the intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Crenshaw Boulevard. Work will begin as early as Monday, April 20, and last approximately three days. Work will take place at night from 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. between Monday and Saturday.
Portions of Crenshaw Boulevard and Palos Verdes Drive North will be closed during work hours to facilitate paving. All traffic control will be removed after work hours. Here’s what you need to know:
- A map illustrating the detours can be found below.
- On Palos Verdes Drive North, vehicles traveling westbound will be detoured at Rolling Hills Road and those traveling eastbound will be detoured at Hawthorne Boulevard.
- On Crenshaw Boulevard, vehicles traveling southbound will be detoured at Rolling Hills Road and those traveling northbound will be detoured at Silver Spur Road.
- Residents who live within the closed areas will still have access to their homes at all times.
- The location and timing of these detours were determined in partnership with traffic control experts to minimize the duration of construction and reduce the traffic impacts for residents.
For our latest monthly update detailing completed and ongoing construction, please visit our Project Updates page. As a reminder, all construction timing is estimated and could change based on several factors, including unforeseeable field circumstances and inclement weather.
We apologize for this temporary inconvenience and will work diligently to complete this portion of the project as quickly as possible. We look forward to bringing this much-needed upgrade to the Peninsula and keeping you updated on project progress.