Below is an update on California Water Service’s (Cal Water) Palos Verdes Peninsula Water Reliability Project as it relates to upcoming finishing work on Palos Verdes Drive North, Palos Verdes Drive East, and Crenshaw Boulevard.
Palos Verdes Drive North and Palos Verdes Drive East
- Starting as early as this Friday, August 21, crews will conduct minor restoration work on small portions of Palos Verdes Drive North, near Dapplegray Elementary School, and Palos Verdes Drive East, near Palos Verdes Drive North.
- Work will take place between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m., for approximately one day.
- There will be temporary, partial lane closures during work hours, but vehicles will be able to travel in each direction at all times.
New pump station site
- Crews are conducting paving in and around the new pump station site on Crenshaw Boulevard, north of Silver Spur Road. Traffic control will be in place during work hours and there will be at least one lane of traffic open in each direction at all times.
- Work will take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., for approximately one week.
- Once paving at the new pump station site is complete, crews will complete paving along Crenshaw Boulevard, between Silver Spur Road and Palos Verdes Drive North.
- This will require temporary, partial lane closures during work hours, but vehicles will still be able to travel in each direction at all times.
- Please expect delays while paving is underway and use alternate routes, where possible.
- Work will take place between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m., until approximately the end of August.
Over the next few weeks, residents may see crews completing minor restoration activities to ensure affected areas are returned to the same or better condition. As a reminder, all construction timing is estimated and could change based on several factors, including unforeseeable field circumstances.
As we head into the end of the project, we want to reiterate our gratitude for your patience as we complete this much-needed upgrade to the Peninsula’s water infrastructure. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at PVPWaterProject@calwater.com.