WHY IS THE PALOS VERDES PENINSULA WATER RELIABILITY PROJECT NEEDED?

A:

Quite simply, it’s time. Currently, 90% of PV Peninsula residents are served by one drinking water pipeline that is more than 60 years old, and a single pumping mechanism. Drinking water for the other 10% of the Peninsula is dependent on a separate aging water pipeline that is more than 80 years old and located dangerously close to homes. This project will help guard against the significant risks of prolonged drinking water service outages caused by an aging infrastructure and natural disasters — and also ensure the Peninsula is better prepared for the future.